A bronze plaque bearing the names of the seventeen former employees of Long Grove Mental Hospital, who lost their lives during the Great War, was erected on 11 March 1922. All the names, with the exception of Frederick Watkins, are also shown on the Ashley Road memorial.
To commemorate the two former employees who died in the Second World War another bronze plaque was placed directly below the Great War plaque. Both men are also commemorated in the Book of Remembrance held at the Town Hall.
Unfortunately, when the Long Grove Asylum was redeveloped for housing, around the year 2000, the plaque vanished.