|Name||Approx. year of birth||Other information|
|James||1764||Died before 1811. Had at least two daughters, one of whom was called Rebecca - see later.|
|Rebecca||1765||Married twice and lived in Epsom - see later.|
|William||1766||May have lived in Epsom - see later.|
|Harriott||1774||Died before 1835 but did marry - see later.|
'The "Albion", formerly known as the "Coffee House", at the south-west end of the High Street, is an old establishment, smaller than those just mentioned, but it has a very old-fashioned aspect, and is conspicuous by its large projecting upper window. About sixty years ago this inn was kept by Mr. Thomas Baker, a retired worthy of Doctors' Commons. This gentleman produced such a high-class tone about the inn that it was playfully named "The House of Lords", while the magistrates' courts were for many years held in the large front room on the first floor.'