EPSOM BUSINESSES 1911
This is one of the properties on the North Side of the East End of the High Street. These were all demolished by the start of World War 11 to enable the road to be widened - for more details see Epsom Heritage Page 5
. The new properties were built in a completely different position so unlike the rest of this project it has been decided that it is pointless attempting to give a 'Current Occupier' as this would not be applicable.
A further complication is that the buildings were not numbered at the time and have therefore been presented under the owner's name and as far as possible in sequential order from west to east in line with the 1911 Census and photographic evidence.
Andrews, High Street, Epsom
|Occupier in 1911
Bookseller, printer and stationer; Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages; seller of stamps etc etc.
|Details of 1911 Proprietor
Image courtesy of Bourne Hall Museum
James Andrews died in 1915 and the premises were taken over by Ernest Pullinger.
The premises were later in the hands of Ernest Pullinger
Image courtesy of Bourne Hall Museum.