|84 High Street, Ewell|
|Current Occupier (2013)||The Co-Op|
|Occupier in 1911||Edward (Ted) Miller|
|Details of 1911 Proprietor||The Miller family had been in these premises in the High Street (then called Green Man Street) since at least 1851 when George Miller, a whitesmith from Petersfield in Hampshire, had a workshop there. In the 1841 census he was in West Street, newly married to Ann Lucas from Petworth, Sussex. By 1901 George had retired, Ann having died in 1895, and son Ted (born c.1846 Ewell) was operating a bricklaying/building business. George died in 1903. Ted was a member of Ewell Parish Council and in 1916 was presented with a marble clock to commemorate his 70th birthday and 21 years of Council service. He married Ewell girl Hannah Harrison in 1868; she died in 1925 and he then married (1926) Rose Ann Monk. Ted died on 24 August 1929 at Epsom Cottage Hospital, still a resident of High Street, Ewell.|
Children - George Frederick, blacksmith's striker, moved to Brighton (c.1869-1942?, married Ruth Mary White) and Annie (born 1871).
|Details of building, where known||Demolished and new block built 1966.|