7 West Street, Ewell
(numbered 4 in the 1911 census)
|Current Occupiers (2013)||NJB - Recycling|
Mansell Land Construction - Builders
|Occupier in 1911||Frederick Richard Hull|
|Details of 1911 Proprietor||Born 1864 Leatherhead, unmarried in 1911.|
Frederick was originally a coach painter and, indeed, was described as a house painter in the 1911 census; selling sweets was presumably another string to his bow. He left the shop in 1915 and it was taken over by a Miss Beams. Frederick's sister, Elizabeth, was the mother of Albert Henry Beams, who was killed in action in 1916
Frederick died in 1936.
|Details of building, where known||Odd numbers 1-7 West Street (south side) were apparently purpose-built as shops in 1895.
Ewell West Street, Nos 1-7 c1900
Image courtesy of Bourne Hall Museum.